Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Mood Pool

When one sense goes, they say the others get stronger. Being blind, I suppose my imagination has benefitted.  So I lost one of my contacts today. Good thing I have glasses that slide off my nose when I sweat. Good thing it's humid so I'm in a constant sweat. I went for a bike ride, with my glasses, along the Verrazano Bridge and at the end of the path there's a pier with a view of the NYC Skyline. When it began to rain, I sat in it, no big deal. Then it began to pour, still no big deal. Then, I began thinking, "I have electronics in my pocket, I should probably salvage them before they drown," so I walk up to the frozen yogurt truck and ask if the guy has a small plastic bag. He hands me one and asks if I want to jump inside the  truck for shelter. I'm already drenched so there's no point, and I can't ditch the bike in fear of it being stolen. No matter how tempted I was to see the inner workings of a food truck, I declined. In retrospect, I was totally being lured into some guy's truck.

The story that really matters though, it my time in the local coffee shop afterwards. Mocha Mocha Coffee is a mediocre shop. The coffee and pastries are decent and the lighting is very orange. I feel like I'm hanging out in a lava lamp which isn't always a bad thing. This is a B-rated coffee shop in the sense of B-rated horror flicks--it's still a coffee shop, but it's kind of a joke with cult following potential--not in the sense of sanitation...I hope. Out of all the fancy, beautifully designed places in New York, this B-rated coffee shop got one thing right: it houses the most comfortable chairs in USA's Northeastern region.

I was feeling enigmatic so I later took a local train ride to Manhattan because the trains seem to be the only place I can read, and it seemed sitting on a bench in Columbus Circle, was the only place I could write--write about myself, of course, because I ain't about to go ballistic novelistic. And the train ride home seemed to be the only place I could sleep seeing that it is 0339 IN NEW YORK AND I AM STILL AWAKE BLOGGING.

See if you can find the skyline.

I need windshield wipers for my glasses.

Best chair evarrr. Looks aren't what matters in this situation.

This is how they club at Columbus Circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment