Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tuesday Trickery

It was a bittersweet Tuesday, July 31, 2012:

I was with a friend of mine and as all good conversations go, we were discussing one thing and it transcended into us talking about a secret abandoned subway station that the trains pass while turning around at the last stop to the first stop of the line. Her description prompted my imagination to create wild things in my brain wrinkles. I thought this subway station had a golden palace built inside and those who decided to stay on the subway for the creepy screechy U-turn were rewarded with treat for the eyes. It was an attraction that added to the mystery of the city and an attraction that would motivate its viewers to explore and discover more city secrets. I was intrigued. I became obsessed. I wanted to ride every single train to the last stop in hopes of finding this palace. Then I ruined it by looking it up online. I found out which train passes it and some pictures of the station itself. My expectations were crushed. It was a beautiful subway station, don't get me wrong, but it didn't live up to the hype in my mind. I still wanted to see it so we went on that train and rode it past the last stop. The only ones on the train with our eyes peeled, we spotted the station and I leapt to the window grasping the excitement of discovery, partly disappointed that the station wasn't even illuminated for us to enjoy its beauty accordingly/it wasn't an underground golden palace. *SIGH*

No comments:

Post a Comment