Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Definitely Not Bragging About Accurate Grammar Usage in This One

The happenings of THURSDAY AUGUST 2, 2012 SINCE I'M SO BEHIND:

I woke up at 5AM on this day. 5AM. To get to Manhattan by 8AM. And it takes me maybe 30 minutes to put my game face on in the morning. I had to be in the city so early this day because I went out on a site visit to the Hamptons with work to see the progress of a project. This is a residential summer home built from scratch and I had worked on little things for this house so I knew a bit of its back story and seen some images of the computer model. Seeing it in person though was breathtaking. I was amazed at every little thing from the reveals to the baseboards to the doorknobs, the floor, the ceiling, the walls and partitions, the stairs, EVERYTHING. And the house wasn't even finished. To go from a 3-D computer model to a real live house that you can smell and touch; I was in awe. It was awesome. This day helped me realize that it does get built. Sooner or later, virtually everything you do becomes real. I feel like I'm not at liberty to post pictures, or I feel too lazy to find them.

After the day, I attended a little goodbye interns picnic in Central Park with some more work people. The sun was out, and a couple to our right was hardcore making out while the group to our left was shirtlessly huddled in cult prayer. After much hummus and carrots, many cookies later, a cranberry vodka, and laughterlaughterlaughter the night was upon us and make-out session + cult prayer were still in progress so we stayed longer! It was only when we were finally alone in the park--in the dark--that we decide to clean up, and while we're cleaning up what better to do than TELL GHOST STORIES!?!?!? Bad idea. I still have trouble mustering up the courage to shower because showering is the scariest thing to do when you're scared. I can't bring myself to wear the color green either.

Then on FRIDAY  AUGUST 3, 2012 I completed my last day of my summer internship. It was a sweet sappy day. I really don't know how important an internship is in one's life. I mean, it's an experience that can only be classified as limbo between education life and the real life. I know some people who have been working internships since high school. They're pros. I need these hours to graduate college though so my time here was pretty epic, and there was something about it that just made me get all sappy in the end. I NEED TO STOP BEING SAPPY.

No comments:

Post a Comment