Saturday, May 19, 2012

Love Phoenix or Leave Phoenix

I am a college student who sold my soul to the Interior Design program and Arizona State University. Thank goodness the university holds our right to graduate hostage unless we obtain a design internship because that motivated me to find work in New York. I was recently hired as an intern at the Bestdesignfirminnewyorkcity. So I flew 2000 miles from Phoenix, AZ to Brooklyn, NY yesterday, and I'm staying for the summer!  It was a good flight. I spent the majority of the time being a little schoolgirl reading a good amount of Catching Fire, the second installment of the Hunger Games trilogy. 

My sister Michelle was at work and left me to fend for myself when I arrived at the JFK airport so I took a taxi to her place. With $60 in hand, I prayed that traffic wouldn't run the ride past that amount. I made it to Michelle's apartment in one piece, and I spent the evening grocery shopping and cooking a nice vegetable soup and caprese salad for two. No drinking, no clubbing just a night with a home-cooked meal and some of Alton Brown's Good Eats reruns. SORRY I'M SO BORING.

KTHNXBAI.

How Welcoming.

ISAIDHOWWELCOMING.

No comments:

Post a Comment