Sunday, May 20, 2012

Couch Party

I woke up yesterday at 8:45AM in a pitch black room, and I was not motivated  to try and find an exit until 11AM. There were no plans for the day so I got dressed into some presentable day clothes since my house clothes have consisted of a mumu and flip flops with the word "Babe" bejeweled into the thong ever since. I took the trusty and reliable MTA to Soho to scope out some ICFF (International Contemporary Furniture Fair) events and found myself in the Herman Miller, and later, the FLOR shop.

Michelle and I later got ourselves primped up to go to some couch parties in celebration of the ICFF that I was RSVP'd for from my boss. We started the night at F L O S lighting company. It was an awkward situation standing in a room with strange design people and wine and cheese twists in vases. These cheese twists were basically mangled and deformed Cheez-Its. After we took care of Michelle's drinking problem at F L O S, we met the man who will be my boss at my internship as well as an architect who is part of the team and two other delightful girls. We had dinner at a restaurant near NYU called something like Red Bamboo. Michelle and I thought they served Chinese food, but in actuality, it was vegan/vegetarian cuisine. Names for businesses here are very misleading. We live near a Mexican Express. You would think it was Mexican food, but no, it's a car service business. Anyways, I learned many cool things about the team I will be working with at the Bestdesignfirminnewyorkcity and I am super excited and a little less nervous about starting work TOMORROW.

The Ray Eames crow at the Herman Miller Shop. My design peeps know!

You're just a cosmetically altered Cheez-It!

F L O S plaster lamp. Genius.

Couch Party...kinda.

I almost bought one but I'm too cheap.

He was waiting for me to sex it.

And a beady-eyed baby would have been the result.

Lyke mai moomoo?

I do clean up well though.

Today, Michelle studied for her final final tomorrow, and I lounged around being a little schoolgirl yet again reading a good portion of Suzanne Collins' Catching Fire. To my peeps who have read this book already...THE QUARTER QUELL AIN'T FAIR. I only wore my mumu for a few hours I promise. I cooked weird tofu fettucini for two and vegetable stir fry with brown rice as a back up. Thank God for that back up because that tofu shit was nasty. MMKBAI.

The tofu noodles had an authentic aroma and we did not heed this warning. DGAF.



No comments:

Post a Comment