Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Le Trois-Day Weekend

May 26, 2012:
I felt underdressed as I watched Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom in a heavily decorated theatre. Harkins has been put to shame. We then went to the Dekalb Market where goods and edibles were sold from upcycled truck beds. It was an interesting place, but when it started pouring, the gypsies closed shop. So we  went to Shake Shack instead. We went to the bar, and after one beer, the night ended with a pounding headache and a fragile stomach at the cusp of revisiting Shake Shack. AIN'T NO SHAME IN ALCOHOL INTOLERANCE.
Gypsy Market.


Some gypsies were spotted before they melted under the rain.


Ain't nothin like in the world like $4563168321 Ore-Ida fries.


I vowed that I would finish.


And I succeeded, but I kinda didn't.

May 27, 2012: 
We met with a friend of Michelle's and started off at 14th street Chelsea Market where everyone was either buying wicker baskets from the basket shop or eating lobster from a mysterious vendor. We picnic-ed with some deli sanwiches at Chelsea Piers and attempted to play frisbee until the Hudson River gobbled up our privilege. We weaved our way through the city up to 42nd street Bryant Park passing through The Highline and Times Square on the way. We feasted in Chinatown and had dessert in little Italy. ALL THE WHILE HUNTING FOR FLEETWEEK SAILORS TO BANG.


New York City aspires to bring you the world of Alice in Wonderland.

Ohmagawd, there's like so much public art around here.

We faced my fear of helicopters, and revisited my fear of the show ER.

Disneyland would not allow this disgrace.

FLEETWEEK.

They were looking for friends. They didn't want to be our friends.

itcanbeverycomplicatedtoachieveModern.

We got over my fear of soft shell crab.

AND THEN WE HAD DESSERT.

yussss.

May 28, 2012: 
We went to Coney Island and checked out the beach bods and the not so beach bods all to motivate my own workout regimen that still has not started. We toasted in the sun and ate some Caprese Salad, played beach football, and played in the beach water. When my feet convinced themselves that they were walking on slimy ocean fish, I frantically swam ashore and walked along until I saw some awesome parents washing their baby in the ocean. At that point, I automatically regretted my decision to play in this water. After a sun drenched day, who doesn't want to wash it down with a milkshake and then some sushi? APPARENTLY I WANTED TO.

"No one's gonna go to Coney Island on Memorial Day!"

"Git ready for a sunglass tan."



I don't know what child wouldn't want a Michael Jackson Doll.


Tuh-day: 
I put on my old lady pants today and went home after work, made some salad, and ate leftovers. WE'VE BEEN LIVING ON THIS STUFF:


No comments:

Post a Comment