Thursday, July 11, 2013

the NOOOOOOOrth

Things I don't have photos of:

-The baby duckling dying in my hands because of its handicapped neck.
-The 5 chickens that were drained of their blood then dipped in boiling water and plucked of their feathers.
-The self-sufficient girls farming plants, raising animals, cooking animals, cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry, going to school, and  running this institution because their families in the hilltribes can't keep them.

What I do have pictures of:

The nun who looks after the girls at this place.
(whatever the place is)

The other nun who looks after the girls at this place.
(whatever the place is)

The chickens we stole eggs from.

And then completely unrelated to this all-girls farm/boarding school where we stayed last night:

-In somewhat reverse chronological order over the course of a week or so.


Wat Tilok Aram in Phayao

The  ride to Wat Tilok Aram

Uncle on the  ride to Wat Tilok Aram

 
Soymilk. Yay. Awesome. Hooray. Fun.

Oh no. Reminders of what I'll be crying over 
when I return to the States.

And then ridiculous instructions to open.

This Lady loading 5 kilos of pineapples in the truck

Soup in a coconut.

Green dessert.

Onward to Burma! 
(Except my American Passport doesn't allow me)

The Northern Most of Thailand needs an arch, of course.

This image labeled itself.

A Thai finial with the patch of land on the left being Burma,
the patch of land on the right being Laos. 
It all looks the same, really.

The Golden Triangle: yay for opium.

Plate in the foreground: mushrooms.
The plate in the background: fried tiny fish.
You just eat the whole damn thing, head, and eyes, and all.
I COULDN'T.

Fish cakes.
I COULD.
I DID.

FROOT

Original Redbull

Rice fields

Zucchini

Farmers

Jack Fruit

Views

Hill dogs

Hill dog

Rice farm baby.

Children's camp-dinner

Children's camp-beverage


Children's camp-dinner

A loom

A waterfall

More views.

A temple

Grapes and family

Pickin' grapes.

I want to adopt the child on the left.

Riding elephants

Riding elephants

Elephants

Elephant.

Hill children



No comments:

Post a Comment